Friday, August 22, 2008

Amongst the living....

I think that I made it... Zachy and I both got sick on tuesday morning with the flu. I have never appreciated having Jim more than this week. I know that he enjoys going hunting and spending time with his cousin, but tuesday night I was in tears calling his cell phone and leaving the a message begging him to come home. I have NEVER been this sick before, and having my sweet boy sick at the same time, well lets just say that my house needs to be sanitized big time. We both stopped throwing up on thursday and so far today things are looking up. Jim came home wednesday night (thank goodness) . Today I am in awe of the health, how much I take it for granted and how I need to improve it. My thoughts are also with my co-worker, the entire time I was hacking , I thought about my friend, (this took me a minute to write down, because when I actually do it, then it is real). she was diagnosed with sarcoma (cancer of the soft tissue) on her lungs. They found 9 nodules on both lungs. She is only 53 years old. She just celebrated working for state gov for 30 years and could have retired. I am so lost, I don't know what to say, how to act. She will find out tuesday what her prognosis is. She is so very strong and has been nothing but positive. So when I reflect, I think here you are crying because jim is not there to take care of you and zach when you have the flu, and my friend is dealing with cancer.

ps. I am so sorry to bobie and jillene for having to cancel our lunch... I would love to go next week when I can enjoy some solid food.

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

This is so weird, but I was literally coming to your blog to ask you your name, as I'm updating your blog roll, when your new post popped up on my Reader! Yours is the only name I don't know!

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, as I realized today you've been MIA. Hope you feel better, and my thoughts and prayers will be with your coworker.

Unknown said...

You poor girl! I'm glad you are feeling better and I truly hope things work out for your co-worker. My friends father was recently stricken with that also.

Keep feeling better and better!

Christa said...

I hate getting sick like that because as moms we are very rarely allowed to "be" sick. Kids sometimes don't get it when you say you feel like crap. They just know that they want you to still do the same things. Feeling like crap or not. It's doubly worse when they're sick too. I'm glad that your husband was able to come home early and help. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. It's good that she has a positive attitude. I think that does wonders for treatment.

Jillene said...

No need to apologize for having to cancel the lunch! I feel so bad they you were both sick! I hate, hate, hate to throw up! You have a great husband! It was so sweet of him to come home and take care of the two of you!

I as so sorry about your friend. Cancer is just so..yuck. I hope that the prognosis is a good one!

zachsmom said...

kristina,, my name is angela.. or ang, or one of my fav's anglina jolie...

thanks so much for your kind words, I am so very blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. I will update on my dear friend as soon as info is known.

Kristina P. said...

Angela, thanks for leaving your name! That's my sister's name, so it will be easy to remember. Although, she started going by "Angie" about 3-4 years ago, and I just can't call her that. She will always be Angela to me.

And I saw your comment on my blog, so I hope everyone can come! How do you know Jillene? I just assumed that you knew each other in real life.

Bobie said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm game for tomorrow if Jillene is. I'll check with her.

Love ya sis, and keep me updated on your friend. She's in my prayers.