Friday, August 8, 2008

COSTCO-----

I need to know that I am not the only one who has spent wayyy to much at costco. I needed to stock up on cleaning supplies and toilet items and ended up with a bill well lets just say that it was more than I have ever spent at the store. I know the truth will set you free so I am going to write it down and tell my blog buddies (and hope that jimmy does not read this post) the amount. I am almost ashamed to say it but here it goes.... I spent 353.45. I making excuses for the things that I purchasesd,,, I really did need that new bath rug, I mean I have not bought a new one in over a year... Jim has told me that we need to go on a budget and I have been fighting him all the way, but I am starting to think that the time has come (oh my it almost feels like a diet!!! ) ugh

7 comments:

Jillene said...

Let me start out by saying that I LOVE COSTCO!! Now...I spend WAY too much money there too! Not this week just a few short weeks ago I spent..ready for this one...$454.89! What the?! Now granted we bought a Wii but HOLY CRAP!!

I know EXACTLY what you mean with the bath rug. I find items like that all of the time! I always justify it some way or another. Such are the joys of life, right?!

We REALLY need to meet! My husband is off every other Wednesday, every Thursday and Friday and every other Saturday. Let's get with Bobie and make lunch plans. I can meet you two downtown! Let's do it sooner rather than later because I can't wait to meet you! (0:

Christa said...

I am easily seduced by Costco and items in bulk. I think that subliminal messages are played on the overhead speakers telling me that I need things, because while I'm there, I can totally see the logic in buying a 10 gallon jar of mayonnaise. When I get it home, it's a different story.

Kristina P. said...

I'm so happy that Jillene told me you did have a blog! It wasn't on your profile, so now I can blog stalk you too!

You all sound like a bunch of great, fun moms.

With only 2 of us, the need for Costco just hasn't hit me. But I do go to Target about 10 times a week.

Bobie said...

I can honestly say I feel your pain. My grocery bill for one week has gone to $300. We use to spend $200, but now we are at $300. and that is just for GROCERIES. If I have to buy anything extra for the house or the kids.... OH MY!!

I will be in Denver this week for training, but let's plan lunch the next week with Jillene. Either the 20th, 21st or 22nd. Just let me know what works.

Jillene said...

The 20th is the only day that will work for me next week.

Jillene said...

Wednesday is good for all 3 of us. We were thinking we could meet at Chili's on 4th South. Is that o.k. and what time is best for you?

Unknown said...

Believe me - I know. Jeff and I went Monday and bought like 6 items.... $65! Just like that. But it is fun to go!

You should check out Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University Program that Zions Bank sponsors. I'm relistening to the CD's but if you can discipline yourself - IT WORKS!!!