Thursday, August 14, 2008

Baseball...

Baseball has begun, Zach is playing on a team with kids 6 years of age and older. He is by far the smallest guy on the team. I have to say I am so very proud of my little guy. Each time at bat he knocks it out past second base. Sometimes I feel a little bad because I get sooo excited and cheer at every play that is made, but Zach being such a good athlete is something that is deeper than being a proud mommy. I never played sports as a child, I have zero coordination, balance, and skill. I had a strong desire to play sports but my love for pasta was stronger. So, for ME to have a child who is a natural athlete, I am almost brought to tears.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I did play sports as a child, and I can still hit a volleyball or two, but I wasn't really all that good.

I even tried out for the softball team in high school. That memory just came flooding back. I realized I had blocked it out. I'm going to go cry now.

Jillene said...

I played Bonnet Ball starting at about 6 or 7 and played up until High School. Then I traded up for Cheerleading (wow--did I just admit that? EEEEWWWW). Wish I would have continued playing ball. Not to brag or anything but I was pretty good. So sad, so sad.

Good for Zach! Sports are great and I am glad that he is a natural!

Christa said...

My son Tyler, really wants to play baseball in the spring. I'm not sure that I'm ready or willing to make that kind of a time committment. He has a lot of natural talent as well and I do want to nurture it, but, well there are a lot of reasons why I'm not necessarlily that excited about it. I'll just use my usual coping method and not think about it until spring. Yeah, that'll work.

bebe said...

You guys are so devoted to "our" little guy! He is so lucky to have such wonderful and supportive parents.
Luva you!

Jillene said...

I hope that you are feeling better! I feel bad that you got sick. We will have to try and plan for next week or something!