Thursday, July 31, 2008

Date Night....

We had a really nice weekend, and Jim and I had our first date night together this year. We went to a cute little mexican place (mi ranchito) for dinner and then we went to see Dark Knight. There is something to be said for being a mom, in that I have not watched a "grown up " show in over a year, and that was a musical. I get to watch disney and spongebob, and don't normally sit down to watch "shoot them up, bang bang" movies. The acting was amazing but the violence was way too much for me. Jim had to hold my hand (which I loved by the the way,, thanks honey) and kept telling me it was not real so that I would stay and not leave the theater.
After the movie we got some yummy ice cream and talked with our date parteners, Jen and steve (the cutest couple on earth). I did not know just how much I missed being with Jim as a couple until last night, therefore date nights will become a more regular thing....

4 comments:

bebe said...

AWWw.. you are too sweet. We has a blast on our date! We came home and watched "the bucket list" two adult-not the nasty ones- movies in one night! We really like the bucket list, we are going to cross off one of mine this weekend (Sat) when we go to the hot air balloon festival in sandy (6:30 a.m.) ouch! Are you in? I hope that we will be invited to more of your date nights! We need to get each other out more often.
Love ya,
Jen

Jillene said...

How fun! We have to make sure to have date night every once in a while or I go CRAZY!! We definatley don't do it as often as we should though! We are actually going for an overnighter on the
21st of August to celebrate our
11th Anniversary. We are staying at Castle Creek Inn in the Romeo and Juilet room. I AM WAY EXCITED!! On the flip side--this will be the 1st time I have left Olivia overnight so I am a little worried.

Unknown said...

Good girl! Dates are important!

Jillene said...

You are such a sweetheart!! Thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone! You would think that Matt would remember since we have been married 11 years but he tends to forget each month. Will he ever learn? Probably not!!