Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cabin Fever...

We just got back from our family cabin. I will post some pictures soon. It was just beautiful, the fall is really a beautiful time of the year especially in the mountains. We got to have a fire each night because it got so cold, it even snowed on sunday morning. Zach had a wonderful time shooting the pellet gun, the "wrist rocket", and bringing every huge stick he found back to the cabin. Our lab, missy, was so funny, everytime Jim would throw a rock into the creek Missy would stick her face in the water and get the rock out again.
Monday was great, it was cold outside so I got to watch 2, yes 2 grown up movies. Thanks to jillene, I watched Baby Momma, and What happens in Vegas. The last grown up movie I watched was Dark knight (way too violent for my taste). The movies were really pretty good. Jim, Zach and I love to play the game yahtzee. We went on a nice walk, took lots of pictures of the leaves and enjoyed fall. We got back from the cabin just in time for Zachs soccer game. We are so proud of zach, he scored 4 of the 5 goals. He is currently playing with his age group again (4 and 5 year olds) but we have decided that he will play with the first graders for indoor soccer. I think the challenge will be good for him. I hope....


4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Sounds fun! I can't believe it snowed.

I really wish we had a family cabin.

Jillene said...

So glad that you are back! I've missed your comments! SNOW--SNOW!! Not yes--I'm not ready for that! (0:

*MARY* said...

I liked Baby Mama too. And I will NEVER watch the Dark Knight ever again, it freaked me out.

Bobie said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing time!! You deserved it!!