Thursday, September 18, 2008

Trip to the Dentist

Life has been really busy this last week, I am trying to catch up. Zach went to the dentist for the semi-annual cleaning and the dentist looked at his missing tooth, took x-rays and figured that it was not really ready to come out. So, we will have a front toothless boy for a little while. We are still not sure what happened. I keep telling jim it is because he let him shoot the 22 gun. Anyway, no permanent damage, we just have to wait for his perfect little smile to come back.

The stock market has really done a number on the nerves of everyone in my office. I am pretty sure that we are going to be fine, but all of these banks having problems really ticks me off. Ok now I am going to vent for a minute. There are so many banks on the verge of bankruptcy because of GREED. I would love to speak to all of these banks that were offering sub prime loans to just about anyone that had a pulse.

We are in this mess becuase way back even 5 years ago when I bought my first home, I actually had to have money down, have good credit, and I could not borrow more than 3 times what a made in a year. Now we have this mess, and look who is having to help clean up the mess... yep you guessed it , you and I.

Whew,, ok I am now off of my soapbox, I think I need a break from this, Jim really wants to go camping (this means in a tent on the ground) I would like to go to the cabin (that has running water, a toilet and nice beds) so I think we just might do both this weekend...

p.s. jim is working on the dryer today.. to hopefully.....(fingers crossed)

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Angela, I was one of those idiots who had a subprime loan when we first bought our house. We had nothing down, 80/20, interest only, ARM in 2 years, etc. It was ridiculous.

I was ignorant and didn't realize what I was getting into. Fortunately, in that two years, I wised up and we refinanced into a normal loan. I definitely blame myself for a lot of those mistakes, as I should have done more homework, but the banks should have also known better. Both parties are responsible for this mess.

*MARY* said...

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I'm pretty dumb when it comes to loans and home buying stuff and pretty much everything that doesn't involve sitcoms.

So why did I even make a comment? Like I said, DUMB!

Bobie said...

I understand your work stress honey... I'm in you're boat!! But what the crap sister?? No dryer yet?? You are way toooooooooooooo patient!!

zachsmom said...

kristin,, I know that there are two parties involved BUT , i do know that the lenders took advantage of people like you who were not savy on what a sub prime loan really is. Maybe it is a good thing that this all happened now there will be tighter regulations on this kind of stuff

Mary,, don't worry about it,, I did not really get until after I turned 25.. ha ha that is in a couple of months right...

bobie,, uh hello, I am the most patient woman ,,,, you know what I am saying right...

Jillene said...

I really, really hope you get the cabin! I HATE CAMPING especailly in a tent!!

This whole bank thing is really a mess. I am glad that we did things the right way the first time around. Hope you can de-stress this weekend!

Uuuummmm....really the drier is not fixed yet? I would have killed him (or at least mamed him good) by now!! (0: