Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11, 2001.....


I have done a lot of reflecting today. I have for the first time since 9-11 listened to the calls that were made from the World Trade Center. My heart aches for the families of those who were lost on this day.

On September 11, 2001 I was on my way to work at the Labor Commission. I was listening to the radio and they announced that someone had flown into the north World Trade Center. My first thought was, some idiot was flying to low and hit a building what an idiot. (oh how I wish that was the case). When I got into work, people were standing around the tv they had in the conference room, as I walked in the second plane hit Tower 2. That is when I knew that life would not be the same. I was terrified, I called Jim and woke him up, I told him "jim wake up we are going to war, some country is trying to invade". He told me to calm down, everything would be ok. We then heard about the plane hitting the pentagon, and the third highjacked plane. I don't think I got on thing done that day. I went home and the televison was re-playing the planes going into each building, then the most horrible sight, a man jumping from the building to his death. I cried for over 2 hours, jim came home and said lets get out of here.

We went to his parents house where we met up with his sister and her husband. We talked about what happend but did not watch the tv. I am so grateful for my family and friends. May God bless each heart that is hurting from the events of September 11, 2001.

3 comments:

*MARY* said...

I was still in high school when that happened and I remember in each class we just watched the news the entire day, how could we not? What a horrific day.

Jillene said...

I was at home with my 2 year old boy. I turned on the TV and, like you, thought some dummy was off on his coordiantes and hit the Trade Center. Boy was I wrong. As I watched the events unfold I sat and cried pretty much all day. Matter of fact--I am crying now. It breaks my heart that so many had to die for such a selfish thing. It was a HORRIBLE day and one that I will NEVER forget.

Bobie said...

I remember this day so well. We cried together, remember? It still breaks my heart. You were right, they were idiots!! Only they meant to do it!